Career Opportunities at the Pine Grove Zoo
The Pine Grove Zoo employs people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
We have positions open from time to time during the year. Our largest recruitment period begins in March and lasts through mid-May, when we begin filling our summer seasonal and café staff positions. We always are accepting applications for all positions. All applications will be kept on file for 6 months.
Our open positions are listed below and can change frequently. If you would like to apply for a position, fill out an application and mail it to the Pine Grove Zoo.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Current Job Opportunities
Seasonal — Cougar Café Staff
General Statement of Duties:
- Assists in the operation of Pine Grove Zoo’s Cougar Café.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Zoo Director.
Duties performed (may not include all duties found in this class)
- Works in the Cougar Café including: preparation and handling of all food for human consumption.
- Observes and follows all public health codes and all Pine Grove policies for food service employees.
- Follows the guidelines set forth in the Food Service Manual
- Follows the guidelines for receiving food, cleaning procedures, and the heating of all prepared foods
- Adhere to the strict policies and procedures for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Assists in controlling the food inventory.
- Performs general maintenance and sanitation in and around the Cougar Café as per Zoo policies. This includes: sweeping floors, sidewalks; emptying wastebaskets and garbage cans; picking litter, and other miscellaneous duties.
- Enforces zoo ordinances and supervises public behavior on zoo grounds in a professional manner.
- Follows all established safety procedures and precautions when performing duties.
- Reports all equipment problems, incidents, accidents, unsafe or hazardous conditions to Zoo Director immediately.
- Assure that work or assignment areas are clean and equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are properly stored before leaving on breaks, and end of work days, etc.
**The above statements described the principle functions of the Cougar Café Staff, but shall not be construed as an exclusive listing of all work requirements that may be inherent and apparent in the job.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to be mobile in a variety of work environments including climbing steps, ramps, and ladders; possess sufficient physical strength and ability to perform lifting and moving materials and equipment.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English, both orally and in writing.
- Possession of a valid Minnesota Class D Vehicle Operator License.
- Must be eighteen (18) years old or older.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.